Apr 24, 2007

Excerpt from Today

My mum rang me up this afternoon at half past 4 (after midnight for her, clearly her Ambien had yet to kick in) asking urgently what I was getting up to tonight. Why? She'd caught a report on the news about Armenians protesting outside the Turkish embassy in Los Angeles as today is the anniversary of the Armenian genocide.

Me: "Mum... I seriously doubt that where I'm going tonight is an Armenian hang-out."
Mum: "I'm just saying, I know you're always out & about with that posh job of yours so please be careful of all the roving Armenians."

Let that be a warning to my fellow Angelenos... beware of roving Armenians* tonight.

-Lucinda



*Apologies to anyone of Armenian heritage that may read this - my mother is not & never has been a bigot nor has she ever spoken in a derogatory manner towards Armenians. At most she is just an overprotective parent prone to hysterics due to having a single daughter living all alone in a strange faraway land.

No comments: